Just a small update this week pertaining to the current progress of the game and how crew members act on the ship.
The game is now officially alpha feature complete. This boils down to the majority of the core components of the game are in and fully playable. Polish and bug fixing is the current priorities right now before adding any additional features.
There is still much more to be done but this is a major milestone and a trailer for the game can now be put together to showcase some of the features in action. The trailer will of course be posted here and announced on the various social media sites.
Every crew member has to use the restroom at one point or another. Ships need to be equipped with toilets in order for crew members to relieve themselves.
Working crew members without allowing them to sleep can greatly impact their morale so knowing when to allow the crew a chance to sleep is imperative. Typically this is handled via the crew quarters.
The stress of being away from family and friends can be very stressful. In order to help alleviate the stress crew members must attempt to keep their fun rating up. Heading to the bar or even having a chat while playing a game allows crew members the ability to relieve that stress and maximize the enjoyment of the journey.
The overall health and vitals of each crew member are closely tracked to ensure they are in tip top shape. By not filling your normal needs the health rating can drop as well as if the ship is in danger. If a crew member's health reaches 0 they will of course perish...
Feeding the crew is essential in keeping morale up as well. If a cafeteria is built crew members will head there in order to fulfill their hunger needs. Eating does of course impact crew member bladder as well so keep that in mind when designing the internal layout of your ship.
A long trip without a shower would make many unhappy, including those in the same room as the person who hasn't bathed. Bathrooms can be equipped with showers in order to help fix this issue and make sure crew members are smelling their best.
Morale is the combination of all needs. The higher the morale the higher the efficiency of your crew when working on tasks. By allowing crew members morale to drop the output of any job they perform will be greatly influenced.
- The more you perform a job on the ship the better a crew member can become and with a higher intellect the less the amount of experience needed to increase skills.
- Many believe they are leaders but not many truly show leadership skills. Being a highly advanced AI determining true leadership ability is fairly easy for you. Crew members with high leadership abilities provide a bonus to others working on the same task.
- The physicality of a crew member has a direct correlation with the crew movement speed. Also, when dealing with health related needs, having a higher physicality reduces the speed at which health can drop.
- Often times due to the overall activities of the ship following a schedule can often be forgotten so those with a high punctuality will be prompt when following a work schedule.
- Not everyone works well with others and those without a high teamwork level will not benefit from leaders in the group.
- Work Ethic
- Not everyone likes to work and having a low work ethic will greatly impact the fun rating of crew members as they perform their duties. The higher the work ethic the less working on the ship impacts a crew members daily needs.