ALPHA V4.11 PATCH NOTES
- Added remove AI orders at combat start to the crew policy settings. This will remove any direct order given to the crew to force them to respond immedaitely to current combat needs.
- Additional sector events have been added.
- Remove AI orders when attacked setting added to save/load process.
- The issues that were preventing full screen mode have now been resolved. This option can now be changed via settings in the main menu.
- Added text values to audio sliders.
- Completion of Emoticons and Profile Backgrounds. Trading cards will be held off until a later release.
ALPHA V4.10 PATCH NOTES
- Loading a game while in combat will no longer allow the combat to persist.
- Enemy Battle Cruisers damage has been increased by 10%.
- Clicking empty locations will now clear the currently selected object.
- More pathfinding checks.
- Galactic communications now currently reflect the current stage of early access. As more functionality is added the levels will increase. This should help with point allocation decisions.
Alpha V4.9 Patch Notes
- Various crew AI updates.
- Major performance enhancements across the game.
- Steam overlay should now properly be displayed.
ALPHA V4.8 PATCH NOTES
- Crew members utilizing the shower when their bladder is low are no longer above just holding it and waiting.
- Added a sound effect when the monitor comes online.
- Additional pathfinding fixes using default and previous layouts.
- Increased the minimum distance between nodes by 50%.
- Overall travel times have been cut by 60%. This should greatly reduce the amount of waiting between nodes and help with the overall flow of the game while working to maintain the ship.
- Clicking an opened tutorial button should also hide the window if is the currently selected tutorial.
- Added an unstable branch to steam for additional updates.
- Tooltips added to the following crew data windows.
- Crew selection
- Crew management
ALPHA V4.7 PATCH NOTES
- Crew stats are now distributed in a manner to make specialization a lot easier. Also crew members more represent themselves as the best Earth has to offer. This change only effects new crew members obtained not preexisting ones.
- Crew member names can now be changed via the crew management panel.
- Fixed a crew recruitment issue when selecting different crew members.
- Flight crew members now have the ability to start with piloting skills which was being granted to mechanics for features not quite in the game yet.
- Decreased natural need loss for all traits by 20%.
- Decreased additional bladder loss when eating by 25%.
- Increased sleep regeneration by 40% when using a bed.
- Increased bladder regeneration by 30% when using a restroom.
- Increase cleanliness regeneration by 10% when using the Shower.
- Several steam API fixes.
- Cleaned up several tooltips.
- Added a disclaimer page to mimic several other early access development pages in order to promote more feedback.
ALPHA V4.6 PATCH NOTES
- Additional work added in preparation for additional crew members.
- Slightly increased enemy shield recharge amount, not the speed at which they increase.
- Updated several event images.
- Updated the completed location color to green to contrast the red on failed locations.
- Additional protections added during traveling.
- You may now return to main menu during ship travel.
- Fixed an issue where opening research window would not always display the currently selected research option.
- Fixed an issue where loading a save mid travel would result in the inability to continue moving.
- Sector locations should attempt to adhere to a minimum distance.
- New scanning monitor has been added to the command deck. When the battleship scanner technology has been unlocked, scanning monitors in the command deck will provide a bonus to find enemy subsystems.
- Updated several UI text alignments.
ALPHA V4.5 PATCH NOTES
- Additional balancing updates for enemy ship's firing speeds.
- The crew should now properly react to changes in work schedule when working a position not ordered by the player.
- More communications with Alien lifeforms should begin to appear more frequently.
- Larger alien ships will appear much sooner in the game based on distance from Earth.
- Fixed an issue where many ship travel events were not showing.
- Taking damage from an event should now properly play the shield or hull damage SFX depending on the type of damage taken. This can still be considered deadly if the ship has taken a lot of damage without repairs.
- When traveling around a sector each event should be unique for the sector and repeats should very rarely occur.
- Map difficulty levels will now slightly randomize so that a location of a specific distance away will now have a possible difficulty range making long range scanners more important. This change requires starting a new game.
- Several changes to the rendering of sprites will monitor to make sure things continue to appear correctly.
- Several performance increases to help with FPs particularly on larger ships.
- Ship objects will now be repaired when at Earth.
- Room supply monitors on load should properly display their correct room supplies.
- Fixed an issue where the room resizing prompts and new build locations were not always showing.
- Loading previous ship layouts will now adhere to the current available research. Turrets and rooms that are not unlocked will not be loaded.
- Fixed several mouse interactions with the load game UI.
- Fixed several tooltip locations.
ALPHA V4.4 PATCH NOTES
- The weapon system should now consistently fire on the advanced weapon systems.
- Fixed several crew stability issue.
- Crew members attempting to use the shower and bathroom will not be able to queue for both blocking other crew members that are waiting.
- Fixed an issue where crew members working in the engine room would not always fill storage units.
- Reduced the overall experience gained when piloting the ship between locations.
- Crew members working on the shield and weapon consoles will stop animating to indicate the systems are full. This also causes the amount of durability loss to be reduced.
- Fixed an issue where enemy ships were not always adhering to current game speed.
- Damage taken from an event should now no longer scale to obscene amounts of damage based on distance from earth. They now cap based on the current ship's armor strength.
- Hangar bays are now visible. Additional functionality will be coming later.
- Additional save game checks
- Fixed an issue where the food replicator in the cafeteria was not able to feed users after being fixed.
- UI should once again probably block mouse over effects when the user interface is over top of an object and properly reset the cursor to the default setting.
- Escape key should now work to close menus and open the options menu when no other windows are open.
ALPHA V4.3 PATCH NOTES
- Fixed an issue where weaponry was not always firing specifically when changing ships.
- Increased weapon energy requirements for the Ion, Laser, and Plasma turrets.
- Fixed an issue pertaining to mechanics fixing random ship objects.
- Crew members relaxing should no longer look "stuck" and stop moving all together at times.
- Mechanics can no longer be set to fix fighters on ships with the hangar bay. This system is being implemented to work properly with the overall game.
- Mechanics in the engine room should now properly fix equipment.
- Greatly reduced the amount of time crew members will waste away their life by just relaxing at the bar for long periods of time when their "fun" is full.
- Crew members assigned to combat duties will respond faster to battle issues. Your own direct orders will still always take precedent.
- Fixed an issue where crew members would not return to work but instead a random room after their needs are met.
- Event demands should no longer lock out future choices.
- Maximum durability should now be properly displayed when a ship object is selected.
- Upgraded ship objects will decay at a slower pace based on current upgrade.
- Wall monitor durability will now longer drop over time.
- Additional fixes for stability.
- Additional pathfinding checks when dealing with the hangar bay.
- Resolved an issue where crew members randomly would get stuck in
- Various performance fixes to the game.
- Engine room now only requires the FTL drive. This should open up more decisions when building out your ship's design.
- Game resolution window can no longer be resized.
- Additional save issue fix for larger ships using the hangar bay.
- Fixed a save load issue where crew members would not perform their current tasks without ordering the crew to perform a separate option.
- Fixed an issue when changing turret load outs between ships.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Fixed an issue where UI Text was not being based on random screen size changes. The text should now slightly scale where needed.
- Updated crew recruitment window tooltip to avoid flickering issue when mousing over crew perks and issues.
- Crew Management
- Fixed an issue with scrolling in crew
ALPHA V4.2 PATCH NOTES
- The previous ship loadout is now saved upon leaving Earth. Multiple layouts will come at a later time.
- The default ship initial default layout now has a weapon and storage unit in the engine room.
- Targeting monitors and crew members will now always add bonus % to hit appropriately.
- Added scrolling combat text when missing enemy ships.
- Additional balancing on initial enemy scout ships.
- Mechanics assigned to "Fix Ship Objects" will now properly maintain ship objects as well. Previously they focused on tagged broken equipment. Mechanics will now randomly move between rooms assessing if objects are damaged. If so they will begin to repair them back to full before moving to the next piece of equipment.
- Reduction of crew needs has been reduced by 20% across the board.
- Overall ship object use when increasing needs have been increased by 10%.
- Reduced bladder increase when eating by 60%.
- Various text cleanups.
- Increased the difficulty rating of two of the alien races. You should no longer meet them upon the first locations around Earth. This should greatly aid in beginning game difficulty.
- Hotkeys for the events displayed # can now be pressed on the keyboard.
- Fixed sprite clipping issue when walking along the front walkways.
- Spacebar will now pause the game.
- The plus (+) and minus (-) keys can be used to zoom in and out.
- Event choices can now be activated via the alpha numeric key or keypad.
- Left bracket ([) and right bracket (]) will now cycle through current crew members.
- Skip Intro and Skip tutorial settings are now saved in between sessions.
- Sitting a bar table will now increase fun. You no longer need to converse with someone. The amount of fun gained is reduced when alone.
- Crew Quarters
- Sitting at the game board alone will now increase fun. You no longer need to have additional players however the amount of fun gained is reduced when alone.
- Engine Room
- Shield and Weapon storage units will now only boost the current ship to its maximum available energy. Remaining energy in the storage unit will no longer be reset to 0 but instead maintain whatever is left over.
- An auto save has been added after completed a sector and acquiring your reward or fulfilling the demand.
- Shield and weapon storage units should now properly save and load with their current filled amount.
- Ensured additional ship information is properly tracked and save.d
- Added a basic hotkey window for quick references. Will continue to flesh out over updates.
- Updated several UI elements.
ALPHA V4.1 PATCH NOTES
- Right click camera movement has been changed to a pull method instead of push. This can be reverted to push via the settings panel.
- The crew overall movement speed when walking has been increased by 20%.
- Crew members that are moving toward work positions during combat will now move at 300% speed. Animations will be updated to reflect the speed and movement increase but should aid in getting crew members to their needed places on time.
- Additional AI has been given to the crew members to avoid being "late" in reporting for duty when the ship is in danger. They should response more reliably however additional work will be made to ensure they respond appropriately at all times.
- Additional pathfinding checks has been added to the crew members to help aid crew members getting stuck in rooms.
- Game window size can now be increased or decreased. This is not a complete full screen mode but is the initial steps.
- Known issue with text scaling. We will be addressing this immediately. Allowing more people the ability to play outweighed the cost.
- Right clicking an object in the engine room with a mechanic will now order the mechanic to work on all of the objects in the room. They will determine what needs to be fixed or stored in the room. Direct control will return at a later time.
SAVE/LOAD GAME ISSUES
- Additional ships will now load with proper additional weaponry and storage space.
- Additional checks added for saving and loading.
- Repairing an object mid loading a save resulted in crew members unable to perform any actions. This should now be fixed.
- Current targeted crew object should now properly load.
- You can no longer save the game until the initial steps of the tutorial are completed and a sector destination has been chosen.
- A new tutorial has been added for storing weapon and shield energy.
ALPHA V4.0 PATCH NOTES
- Fixed medium and heavy battleship animations.
- Updated lighting system in the hangar bay.
- Added default room layouts to the additional ships that can be unlocked with research.
BUILD SYSTEM (SHIP CUSTOMIZATION)
- Fixed an issue where sound was not always playing when placing ship objects.
- Updated enemy projectile target location in order to ensure constant hits.
- Level up text while sitting in the commander chair should no longer be hidden by any wall monitors. Level UP text now is on the same plane as characters.
- Updated the default recruitment view to display attributes instead of skills in order to showcase the true variety among the crew.
- Cafeteria will now prioritize people already in the room when they need to eat.
- Fixed selection issue when switching between crew member selection.
- Increased health loss by 500% when needs are no being met.
- Fixed an issue where crew members would occasionally get stuck attempting to find a path to object.
- Updated crew morale imagery to match the rest of the current UI.
- Crew members will now reflect on objects they cannot work on or already are working on.
- Fixed an issue where the research text would not properly update on new ships.
- Changed research order for medical bay to occur before the hangar bay. The second ship is then unlocked after the hangar bay now.
- Updated the shield generator research item to overall ship item durability to upgrade the entire ship object max durability.
- Fixed medical bay monitor to illustrate the current supplies.
- Updated current room descriptions to state the purpose of the current room monitors.
- Cleaned up various medical bay interactions with the ability to properly heal current crew members.
- The bar should now properly remove crew members who are no longer in the current room.
- Medical desk in use text has been fixed to properly track current user.
- Updated several production output information.
- Shield and Weapon Storage shadows should now be properly cleaned up and reflect the current status.
- Power armor text is now listed as disabled for now based on current build.
- Animated the battleships during the ship selection screen.
- Several animations have been added to the Ark while in this view.
- Crew leveling no longer gives research points.
- Updated opening text to reflect there is only one ship available at the beginning of the game.
- Cleaned up several text entries.
- Cleaned up several instances where placeholder text would pop in before showcasing the correct data.